[kde-solaris] xmodmap problems

Roman Maeder maeder at mathconsult.ch
Wed Jan 21 18:26:07 CET 2004

I asked:
> Also, is there a way to make the convenient function keys on the left
> (Stop, Front, Open, Copy, Paste, ...) work?

I just learned that I can define them as alternate shortcuts in the
"Keyboard Shortcuts" config item. However, two of them were set up
by X11 as mod4 modifiers, so you have to remove them there first,
with xmodmap:

remove mod4 = F18
remove mod4 = F20

In case you are interested: here's my mapping which duplicates the old
OpenWindows functions pretty closely:

action				key cap (if different)
Window Raise=F15		Front
Window Iconify=Alt+F4;F17	Open

Copy=Ctrl+C;F16
Cut=Ctrl+X;F20
FindNext=F3;F19
Help=F1;Help
Paste=Ctrl+V;F18
Redo=Ctrl+Shift+Z;F12		Again
Undo=Ctrl+Z;F14

Roman

(I still did not manage to get the AltGraph or Compose key working, though)