[kde-solaris] mozilla crashes when loading pdf doc.

Naci Ishakbeyoglu nishakbe at cisco.com
Sun Jan 11 06:02:50 CET 2004

Lars Tunkrans wrote:

> Naci Ishakbeyoglu wrote:
>
>> I recently installed solaris 8 binaris. When I click a
>> pdf file I get this message and crash:
>>
>> Warning: Actions not found: addBookmark, viewBookmark, copy,
>> undefined-key, find, findAgain, history, loadImages, openURL,
>> mailNew, new, openFile, print, exit, reload, saveAs, paste, delete,
>> cut, undo, historyItem, back, forward, abort, PageUp, PageDown
>> Warning: Actions not found: ManagerGadgetNextTabGroup,
>> ManagerGadgetPrevTabGroup, DrawingAreaInput, addBookmark,
>> viewBookmark, copy, undefined-key, find, findAgain, history,
>> loadImages, openURL, mailNew, new, openFile, print, exit, reload,
>> saveAs, paste, delete, cut, undo, historyItem, back, forward, abort,
>> PageUp, PageDown
>> ld.so.1: /usr/packages/mozilla/mozilla-1.5/mozilla-bin: fatal:
>> relocation error: file
>> /auto/packages/acroread/acroread-5.0.6/Browsers/sparcsolaris/nppdf.so:
>> symbol XmProcessTraversal: referenced symbol not found
>> Killed
>>
>> My LD_LIBRARY_PATH  has /usr/lib which seem to have libXm.so.
>

> Hi,
>
>   This is actually not related to KDE. I Found the same problem
>  in a version of Mozilla-Firebird, 0.6 I think it was.
> The error is that your Mozilla browser is not linked with
> the Motif library.
>
> Mozilla in it self does not need the motif library.
> Hovewer the oldish GUI in the UNIX version of Acroread IS
> a motif GUI. So I assume that  mozilla must know how to
> find libXm.so
>
> Do a  "pldd"  on a browser that works with acroread  and
> on your mozilla version that fails, you will see that
> libXm is not listed in the latter case.

Thanks for the pointer. Indeed, it is the case that I don't see libXm.so in
pldd output. But I also have a compiled KDE 3.1.4 on an nfs partition
and if I use it,
running pldd on mozilla's pid shows /usr/dt/lib/libXm.so, hence no crash
when
opening pdf docs. (Well I have other problems with my compiled kde,
that's why I installed the binaries).

Thanks,
Naci.