[kde-solaris] mozilla crashes when loading pdf doc.

Lars Tunkrans lars.tunkrans at bredband.net
Sat Jan 10 21:40:44 CET 2004

Naci Ishakbeyoglu wrote:
> I recently installed solaris 8 binaris. When I click a
> pdf file I get this message and crash:
>
> Warning: Actions not found: addBookmark, viewBookmark, copy,
> undefined-key, find, findAgain, history, loadImages, openURL, mailNew,
> new, openFile, print, exit, reload, saveAs, paste, delete, cut, undo,
> historyItem, back, forward, abort, PageUp, PageDown
> Warning: Actions not found: ManagerGadgetNextTabGroup,
> ManagerGadgetPrevTabGroup, DrawingAreaInput, addBookmark, viewBookmark,
> copy, undefined-key, find, findAgain, history, loadImages, openURL,
> mailNew, new, openFile, print, exit, reload, saveAs, paste, delete, cut,
> undo, historyItem, back, forward, abort, PageUp, PageDown
> ld.so.1: /usr/packages/mozilla/mozilla-1.5/mozilla-bin: fatal:
> relocation error: file
> /auto/packages/acroread/acroread-5.0.6/Browsers/sparcsolaris/nppdf.so:
> symbol XmProcessTraversal: referenced symbol not found
> Killed
>
> My LD_LIBRARY_PATH  has /usr/lib which seem to have libXm.so.

Hi,

   This is actually not related to KDE. I Found the same problem
  in a version of Mozilla-Firebird, 0.6 I think it was.
The error is that your Mozilla browser is not linked with
the Motif library.

Mozilla in it self does not need the motif library.
Hovewer the oldish GUI in the UNIX version of Acroread IS
a motif GUI. So I assume that  mozilla must know how to
find libXm.so

Do a  "pldd"  on a browser that works with acroread  and
on your mozilla version that fails, you will see that
libXm is not listed in the latter case.