Followup: [kde-solaris] xmodmap problems SOLVED

Lars Tunkrans lars.tunkrans at bredband.net
Mon Feb 9 21:49:58 CET 2004

Roman Maeder wrote:
> I said:
>
>>the Xsun server (Solaris 8) doesn't seem to support the xkb extension,
>

> it is very well hidden; I couldn't find it in the man pages, but if you
> start Xsun with +kb, it loads the XKEYBOARD extension and things are
> starting to fall into place. The compose key now works.

   I have a little problem  with this,

   when I added +kb  to the end of the Xsun startup line in
  /etc/dt/config/Xservers , one key stopped working !

   The key in question is justabove the right-shift-key and
   just to the left of the Enter key. It is marked  [ * ' ]
   "star apostrofe"  on a swedish keyboard. This is obviously not
   a KDE problem.

   I am using Solaris8 on a sunblade1500 patch level 108528-27

   can you show us the exact XSUN line in  /etc/dt/config/Xservers
   that you use ?

   I am useing:

:0 Local local_uid at console root /usr/openwin/bin/Xsun :0 -dev /dev/fb defdepth 24 -nobanner

    Regards,