[kde-solaris] Re: Solaris unistd.h

Hans Meine meine at kogs1.informatik.uni-hamburg.de
Mon Feb 2 14:00:13 CET 2004

Hi again,

after some further research I found the reason why I have this problem with
"truncate64" and friends only in kdepim, koffice and kdenetwork: The
following section is only in their configure.in.in's:

AC_SYS_LARGEFILE
if test "$ac_cv_sys_file_offset_bits" != no; then
  CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=$ac_cv_sys_file_offset_bits"
fi
if test "x$ac_cv_sys_large_files" != "xno"; then
  CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS -D_LARGE_FILES=1"
fi

(In the case of koffice, it's koffice/filters/kword/pdf/xpdf which calls
AC_SYS_LARGEFILE.)

Now I will just remove the resulting definition, but I still wonder what the
sense of the broken unistd-stuff is.. ;-(

Ciao, /  /
     /--/
    /  / ANS