[kde-solaris] kdm (what else is new)

Stefan Teleman steleman at nyc.rr.com
Tue Dec 7 13:35:14 CET 2004

getdomanname(3NSL) on Solaris is in this weird limbo state -- it
doesn't have a prototype declared in a header, but it exists in
/usr/lib/libnsl.so -- if you do nm -Cp /usr/lib/libnsl.so | egrep
getdomainname you should get

0000304076 T getdomainname

now the ./configure script checks for getdomainname the symbol and the
prototype, respectively -- on Solaris, ./configure misses both. :-)
so, if you look in config.h, there should be two entries: one for
HAVE_GETDOMAINNAME and one for HAVE_GETDOMAINNAME_PROTO -- usually
both end up commented out -- and then further down in config.h there
should be a prototype declaration for getdomainname (3NSL). so the
only thing you have to change is to uncomment HAVE_GETDOMAINNAME in
config.h and set it to #define HAVE_GETDOMAINNAME 1, but leave the
HAVE_GETDOMAINNAME_PROTO commented out. :-)

--Stefan

-----