[kde-solaris] fix for konqueror/kfmclient problem on Solaris 9 SPARC

Karsten Künne kuenne at rentec.com
Wed Aug 25 19:55:58 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 24 August 2004 19:48, Stefan Teleman wrote:
> Hi.
>
> If anyone is interested, please add:
>
> export KDE_IS_PRELINKED="1"
>
> or
>
> setenv KDE_IS_PRELINKED
>
> at the top of ${KDEDIR}/bin/startkde _and_ in your shell
> initialization file (.cshrc, .bash_profile, etc. ...)
>
> This has fixed the konqueror/kfmclient problem on my Solaris 9 box.
> Please let me know if it fixes it for you too.
>
> --Stefan

Great!

that fixed all the nasty crashes I had (for instance, starting konqueror via
kfmclient, connecting to a https site and clicking the lock icon in the lower
right corner which regularly blew up konqueror or starting kmail from kbiff
by clicking on the kbiff tray icon). This is kde-3.2.2, qt-3.3.2, compiled
with gcc-3.3.3.

How did you find that?

Great work,
Thanks,
--
Karsten.

"only wimps use backup: _real_ men just upload their important stuff
on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it ;)" - linus torvalds