[kde-solaris] FIONREAD undeclared in kdelib/kdecore/network

Dan Rawson Daniel.Rawson at asml.com
Fri Aug 20 19:26:47 CEST 2004

I'm building KDE 3.3 on Solaris 8 with gcc 3.2.2

kdelibs/kdecore/network/ksocketdevice.cpp fails to compile because FIONREAD is undefined (line 364)

The FIONREAD macro is defined in /usr/include/sys/filio.h.  This only gets included (from ioctl.h) if BSD_COMP is defined.

If I manually add -DBSD_COMP to the makefile in that directory, it builds fine.  3.2.3 built fine, but it looks like the network code is either new or moved.  The old kdecore/kextsock.cpp has a note "TODO: FIONREAD ioctl", but that's it . . .

Questions:
1.  Is it a bug <g>?
2.  I don't really know much about network code.  What problems will I introduce with this solution?
3.  Is there a better solution??

TIA . . .

Dan
--
 * Dan Rawson            * ASML Software Configuration Mgmt. \_____/    *

--
The information contained in this communication and any attachments is confidential and may be privileged, and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments. ASML is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this communication, nor for any delay in its receipt.