[kde-solaris] Latest X server for KDE on solaris2.8

Jan Van Belle Jan.Van_Belle at alcatel.be
Mon Oct 6 13:18:57 CEST 2003

	Hello all,

	I finally got KDE working on my UltraSparc Station (solaris2.8).  The
X-server is (in contrast to my KDE ;-) ) something very old and does not
support the Xrender and Xft extensions, so I got no anti-aliased fonts.

--> does this anti-aliasing improve text quality a lot??
--> if yes: is it possible to install (compile) a brand new X server
(Xfree 4.3.0 I guess) and run it next to the old one??
I just ask the last because I'd install it locally, since I am far from
a superuser, not to mention root...