[kde-solaris] Compose key doesn't work

Torsten Kasch tk at Genetik.Uni-Bielefeld.DE
Fri May 30 11:29:35 CEST 2003

Hi,

On Thursday 29 May 2003 04:44, Alan Mizrahi wrote:
> Hello list,
> I have installed KDE-3.1.2, but I noticed that the compose key doesn't work
> as expected.
> If I type compose -  ' - o   Instead of getting a ó I get a 'ó (I get a '
> before the accented o).
[...]

I experienced a similar problem, but I didn't get any accented characters or
umlauts working in any KDE 3 application (Qt 3, tp be precise). What did help
for me was to set the environment variable LC_CTYPE to "de" prior to KDE
startup.

You probably should check the settings of your LC_* and/or LANG variables
(have a look at environ(5)).

cheers,
	Torsten

--
   Torsten Kasch                               tk at Genetik.Uni-Bielefeld.DE
        Biologie VI/Zentrum f. Genomforschung