[kde-solaris] 64bit KDE on Solaris 9

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Thu May 1 02:01:05 CEST 2003

On Wednesday 30 April 2003 15:30, lists at apdtech.com wrote:
> Subject says it all...
>
> I want to build KDE 64bit with GCC 3.2.2 on Solaris 9.  I have built
> everything else up to this point 64bit on my SunBlade - but before I
> start on a 3 day install of KDE...
>
> I got a couple questions:
>
> 1. Has anybody done this before? (regardless of Solaris 9)
>
> 2. Is it possible?
>
> 3. Should I even waste my time?

Probably not. If you want performance compile for v8plus (32bit with 64bit
extentions) instead. I dont know how to do that with gcc, but maybe
"-march=v9 -m32". Also consider using the solaris compiler, it wipes gcc' ass
(here use "-xarch=v8plusa" or v8plusb if you have ultrasparc3).

greetings
Allan