[kde-solaris] KDE 3.1 JPEG support?

Keunwoo Lee kde-solaris@mail.kde.org
Tue Mar 25 02:08:00 2003

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003, Ogden, Aaron A. wrote:

> Everything is generally working great.  However, I noticed that my KDE
> 3.1 does not seem to have JPEG support even though I have libjpeg
> installed (libjpeg-6b-sol8-sparc-local.gz from sunfreeware).  I can't
> view jpg thumbnails in Konqueror (although I can view these jpg's by
> double-clicking them) and the desktop wallpapers don't work because they
> are all .jpg format.

When I had this problem, it was due to Qt not being compiled with JPEG
support.  I was only using -qt-libjpeg, but it needed to be configured
with both the -qt-imgfmt-jpeg -qt-libjpeg options (or, I guess,
-system-libjpeg if you're using the system libjpeg).

As far as JPEGs working in the image viewer part but not elsewhere, I
guess some parts of KDE rely on Qt's JPEG support and some don't.

~k

--
GPG public key id: 0x5CFD1761 (available on a key server near you)