[kde-solaris] KDE 3.1 JPEG support?

Ogden, Aaron A. kde-solaris@mail.kde.org
Tue Mar 25 00:10:10 2003

I'm using Rainald's newly updated KDE 3.1 packages (thanks Rainald!) and the
NIS problem is fixed.
I ran into the DCOPserver problem which I fixed with 'kchmod' (sorry, can't
remember who posted that)
Everything is generally working great.  However, I noticed that my KDE 3.1
does not seem to have JPEG support even though I have libjpeg installed
(libjpeg-6b-sol8-sparc-local.gz from sunfreeware).  I can't view jpg
thumbnails in Konqueror (although I can view these jpg's by double-clicking
them) and the desktop wallpapers don't work because they are all .jpg
format.

I have added /usr/sfw/lib to CRLE, /etc/profile, ~/.profile, etc.  It's
strange that I can view JPG format files by double-clicking them in
Konqueror and I can see them in web pages but I can't view them using other
methods.  Any ideas on this one?

thanks in advance,