[kde-solaris] RE: kde-solaris digest, Vol 1 #394 - 7 msgs

Ogden, Aaron A. kde-solaris@mail.kde.org
Thu Mar 20 16:08:00 2003

Thanks for the advice Nick, I will try to recompile kdelibs sometime =
this week unless Rainald beats me to it.  Meanwhile I have some other =
things to do, like upgrading BIND, samba, etc.  :-)

-A

--__--__--

Message: 3
Subject: Re: [kde-solaris] KDE 3.1 / NIS problem
From: Nick THOMPSON <nickthompson@agere.com>
To: kde-solaris@mail.kde.org
Date: 19 Mar 2003 16:03:05 +0000

--=3D-mUQo7GAEKW1UIeW2nlja

Recompile kdelibs (and kdebase maybe?). For each one, run configure as
normal, then start the build (make) and stop it again (control-C) after
a few seconds. Then edit config.h and search for HAVE_GETDOMAINNAME.
Make sure that it is not commented out and is defined to the value 1.
Then restart the build and install as normal.

If you edit config.h before initially starting the build, make will
regenerate it again, which is why you need to let it get started a bit
first. Once the build is finally under way, just check your config.h
again to make sure it is still okay.

I'm sure there is a cleverer way to do this. Maybe just commenting out
getdomainname in fakes.c will do it.

Have fun,
Nick.