[kde-solaris] KDE 3.1 crash on user startup - OK as root

Paul Hands kde-solaris@mail.kde.org
Tue Mar 11 17:42:08 2003

--=-QuwDySZ5DA4QOIVW5xY7

Hi,

I've got to the stage where I can login to KDE with no problems as
root.  Logging in as myself crashes during the startup phase with a
sigsegv (Sig11).  I've tried the permissions in /tmp on .ICE-unix, but I
find that each time I log out as root (or maybe attempt to log in as
me), the permissions get set back to what they were before.

Annoyingly, at one point, I could log in as me, but that was without
having a /etc/resolv.conf file because the domian names are different
between NIS and DNS.  I put the file back and now can longer get in as
me, even though I've removed it again.

Any ideas?

Paul

--=-QuwDySZ5DA4QOIVW5xY7

<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
Hi,<BR>
<BR>
I've got to the stage where I can login to KDE with no problems as root.&nbsp; Logging in as myself crashes during the startup phase with a sigsegv (Sig11).&nbsp; I've tried the permissions in /tmp on .ICE-unix, but I find that each time I log out as root (or maybe attempt to log in as me), the permissions get set back to what they were before.<BR>
<BR>
Annoyingly, at one point, I could log in as me, but that was without having a /etc/resolv.conf file because the domian names are different between NIS and DNS.&nbsp; I put the file back and now can longer get in as me, even though I've removed it again.<BR>
<BR>
Any ideas?<BR>
<BR>
Paul