[kde-solaris] kde 3.1.2 64 bit build bug status.

Bob Meader bob at cci.net
Tue Jul 15 11:59:30 CEST 2003

I have looked over problems report by various testers of 64 bit build of kde
3.1.2.
A quick list follows:
1) Failure to load dtelogin package.
    I traced this to bug in pkgadd itself.  A replacement binary is part of
"Solaris 8 reconmended patch kit".  Check Sun solver site for deatils.
2) Ice Errors on startup.
    I found out tester's were trying this packages on Solaris 9.  You will
get "Ice"
errors.  These pacakges are strictly for Solaris 8.
3) Openssl errors specifically unable to load a https page in Konqueror.
   I have a patch for this at
ftp://guiduck.com/incoming/kde/solaris/3.1.2/updates .
4) Keyboard shortcut's
   Confirmed trying to determine cause.