[kde-solaris] bzip2 for KDE3 on Solaris 8

Wout Mertens kde-solaris@mail.kde.org
Fri Jan 31 12:24:00 2003

Related problem:

I built the shared .so myself, with the proposed changes in
README.COMPILE_ERRORS<...>. The configure test for BZ2_... is broken on
Solaris: When it runs, it fails with a 'relocation remains on readonly
segments' error from ld. This error only exists on Solaris, and it means
that the test file has to be built with -fPIC as well.

Has anybody had the same problem or is it just me and am I wrong?

Wout.