[kde-solaris] KDE 3.1 port to Solaris 8 32-bit SPARC (Forte 7) is done

Jake Colman kde-solaris@mail.kde.org
Tue Feb 25 23:34:07 2003

Stefan,

Great job!  I'd also love to see your port formally integrated into the KDE
source tree.  Otherwise, we end up with an unsupported fork.  Have you
approached the KDE maintainers about this?

...Jake

   >> I will now start looking for online space, so i can make it available
   >> for download -- i am thinking about sourceforge. I hope to be able to
   >> get everything set up, ready and available within the next two to
   >> three weeks.

   t> Is there a technical reason why your changes cannot be integrated into
   t> the upstream CVS (KDE_3_1_BRANCH, and HEAD of course)?  As long as no
   t> i18n strings were changed, and you made no changes outside of
   t> portability-bugfixes, I cannot see why they would object to applying
   t> your patches.

   t> D.A.Bishop
   t> This message is from the kde-solaris mailing list.