[kde-solaris] KDE on Solaris Companion CD

Fergus Wilde kde-solaris@mail.kde.org
Mon Feb 24 17:10:16 2003

On Tuesday 18 February 2003 02:09, Eric Boutilier wrote:
> Hi.
>
> We're looking for feedback regarding the usefulness of having KDE
> available on the Solaris Companion CD (available for download
> here: sun.com/solaris/freeware).
>
> Thanks in advance for any feedback you can provide.

This would be a great boon, like others who replied I would very much like to
see this for both x86 and SPARC - ideally to go back as far as Sol 8, too.
Any kde integration is going to be welcome, the SPARC box I use with kde on
it is much more fun and more easily productive than those left with CDE.  An
easily installed and up-to-date KDE makes Solaris a much more attractive
proposition in several ways.
Good luck Eric!

Best
Fergus