[kde-solaris] mplayer problems ion sunblade 100

Erik Hovland kde-solaris@mail.kde.org
Fri Feb 14 19:34:01 2003

On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 11:10:17AM +0100, Haberl, Max wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> i compiled the mplayer, and it works.
>
> But it is too damn slow
>
> I have a sunblade100
>
> does anybody know how to speed it up or if it is working ?

Use medialib. Try compiling it with the forte compiler (I have been
unsuccessful at this so far). A sun blade 100 is probably too slow
anyhow. Also, probably the best video output for solaris is the
opengl (w/ the Sun supplied opengl and not mesa) interface.
Even if you are using the built in m64 graphics chip.

Medialib can be had from here:
http://www.sun.com/microelectronics/vis/mediaLib.html

Sun's opengl can be had from here:
http://wwws.sun.com/software/graphics/OpenGL/

Forte (oops, I mean Sun ONE) can be had from here:
http://wwws.sun.com/software/sundev/suncc/index.html

Erik Hovland
Member of Technical Staff, Interferometer Section - 383
Work Phone:    (818) 354-1994
Mobile Phone:  (818) 667-3284
E-mail:        ehovland@huey.jpl.nasa.gov

I speak for myself not JPL.