[kde-solaris] Compiling 3.1 on Solaris 8 with gcc 3.2

Laurent Blume kde-solaris@mail.kde.org
Wed Feb 12 19:14:07 2003

Did you try with GNU make ?
Sometimes it helps...

As for me, I built QT with QTDIR pointing to the _sources_, and add
$QTDIR/bin in the beginning of the PATH:
./configure [options]
make
make install

in [options], I also add all the includes (-I<dir>/include) and the
necessary link information so LD_LIBRARY_PATH should not be needed at
all (-L<dir>/lib -R<dir>/lib)

And only after installing, the runtime $QTDIR points to the installation
directory.
The good part of 'make install' is that it installs only useful stuff,
thus saving a lot of space comparing to building in place as it was in
previous version. Then, a lot of stuff was left to rot on the disk.

Laurent