[kde-solaris] KDE 3.1, Solaris, success!
Thu Feb 6 19:46:01 2003
I successfully compiled KDE 3.1 for Solaris SPARC and Solaris x86 and
made a shared installation for all Solaris workstations in our department
Our systems are equipped as follows:
SPARC: Solaris8, Solaris9 + shared /usr/local: X11R6.6, gcc3.2.1(Sun ld)
x86: Solaris8 + shared /usr/local: XFree4.2, gcc3.2.1(gnu ld)
Compiling KDE had the following problems:
- configure problems.
1) the check for HAVE_GETDOMAIN fails.
2) the check for NEED_BZ2_PREFIX fails if g++ is configured for
using Sun ld. The test program gets erroneously linked with the
I fixed all config.h files maually before starting gmake.
the installation instruction say: >= 2.3.14
configure says: >= 2.4.8
my first try was with 2.4.28 (failed)
with libxml2 2.5.1 it woked!
- A library in kivio/kiviopart could no be built using g++(Sun ld).
I built this library with g++(Gnu ld)
- One library in kpresenter could not be build with Sun sed.
I got the message 'Output line too long' from libtool.
After replacing sed by Gnu sed it worked.
- kghostview failed to compile on Solaris x86 because
the Symbol 'PS' is already defined in one of the
included system header files. I replaced PS by
another name to make kghostview compile.
For the same reason I had to replace ERR to eRR
in kalarm/kalarmapp.cpp (line 1555).