[kde-solaris] KDE 3.1.4 binary packageing

LeBar, Russell J Russell.J.LeBar at erac.com
Tue Dec 16 22:50:46 CET 2003

> You will note
> that the Software Companion CD packages start with SFW and
> these come from SUN. The original poster is correct -- SUNW
> implies the packages came from SUN. You really need to rename
> the packages.

In fact, SUNW has an implication of being supported as well. Hence why the Software Companion CD packages start with SFW. I could go on (e.g. SunFreware packages start with something else).

Perhaps the document you were looking at was originally meant for internal use and someone forgot/overlooked that section.

-- Russ LeBar