[kde-solaris] kde 3.1.1 installation problems on solaris 9

Cem Omurtak Cem.Omurtak at telenity.com
Tue Dec 16 09:01:41 CET 2003

Hello,
I downloaded kde 3.1.1 packages in from sun website. I also installed
mentioned prequisites (SFWgcmn SFWqt SFWsdl SFWogg) except SFWgdb (which
I couldnt find). While installing kde warned me like this:
WARNING:
    The <SUNWlxsl> package "XML Stylesheet Library" is a
    prerequisite package and should be installed.
WARNING:
    The <SUNWgnome-libs> package "GNOME libraries, platform
    dependent files" is a prerequisite package and should
    be installed.
WARNING:
    The <SFWgdb> package "GNU source level debugger" is a
    prerequisite package and should be installed.
WARNING:
    The <SFWqt> package "The Qt Library" is a prerequisite
    package and should be installed.

I actually have Qt installed under a different name. Here is output
pkginfo|grep qt:

application SUNWqt-320           Qt X11 Free 3.2.0
application SUNWqtplugins-320    QT 3.2.0 Plugin Libraries

I couldn't find SUNWlxsl and SFWgdb libraries either (I used sun website
search and also checked sunfreeware.org ). so I skipped them.  I
installed kde under /opt directory. after finishing installation I run
the script /opt/sfw/kde/dtlogin/install-dtlogin and I succesfully added
kde to my dtlogin. I did all this as root. When I log out from cde and
tried to login on kde, the system throw me back to dtlogin screen
without any warning and I couldn't find any logfiles associated with
this login process.

Can you please tell me any ideas to fix my installation, or at least
where kde writes its logs.

Thanks