[kde-solaris] Re: question on compiling

Stefan Teleman Stefan.Teleman at morganstanley.com
Tue Dec 9 23:03:04 CET 2003

I actually seriously considered writing something like this myself
back
at the end of October (i found myself in a situation where i had
finished
porting the 80+ required libraries, only to find out that the
directory
tree i was using at the time could no longer be used, so i had to redo
everything again from scratch). Grrrr. Nuff said.

But then i also thought, if i go down this path, what's next. This can
only work if strlen (target RPATH) <= strlen (source RPATH), otherwise
no dice.

I think this would be interesting to do as a side project, for fun,
but
i would not recommend this as a practical solution.

Just my 2c. :-)

--Stefan

-----

--
NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender.
Sender does not waive confidentiality or privilege, and use is