[kde-solaris] KDE 3.1.4 for Solaris built with Forte 8

Yossi Revah yossi.revah at analog.com
Sun Dec 7 08:01:49 CET 2003

Tnx Again for your major effort in getting KDE to
the solaris desktop.

Great Work Stefan.

Yossi.

On Sunday 07 December 2003 07:27, Stefan Teleman wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> Pending the re-authorization of my ssh keys for uploading to the KDE
> ftp server, i am ready to start uploading the KDE 3.1.4 Solaris
> packages built with Forte 8 as early as Sunday night New York time.
>
> This binary release is a major overhaul of the location of the
> required libraries. The new location is under /opt/fsw4sun (which
> stands for Free SoftWare For Sun). I chose to name it this way for
> two main reasons:
>
> - its contents is a very eclectic collection of GPL'd libraries
> - i searched on Google for /opt/fsw4sun and fsw4sun and nothing came
> up. I figured there is a high probability that this location will not
> conflict with anyone else's.
>
> All the libraries in this package release (KDE and required, including
> QT 3.2.2) were built with Sun Forte 8.
>
> There are a lot of improvements in this release. I will not divulge
> them now, i'll leave them as a surprise. :-)
>
> --Stefan

 Yossi Revah                      Analog Devices, Inc.
 yossi.revah at analog.com           11 Galgalei Haplada St.
 Phone: +972-9-9713325            P.O. BOX 12193 Herzlia,
 Phone: +972-52-293872            46733 Israel