[kde-solaris] KDE 3.1.4 for Solaris built with Forte 8

Stefan Teleman steleman at nyc.rr.com
Sun Dec 7 06:27:25 CET 2003

Hello Everyone,

Pending the re-authorization of my ssh keys for uploading to the KDE
ftp server, i am ready to start uploading the KDE 3.1.4 Solaris
packages built with Forte 8 as early as Sunday night New York time.

This binary release is a major overhaul of the location of the
required libraries. The new location is under /opt/fsw4sun (which
stands for Free SoftWare For Sun). I chose to name it this way for
two main reasons:

- its contents is a very eclectic collection of GPL'd libraries
- i searched on Google for /opt/fsw4sun and fsw4sun and nothing came
up. I figured there is a high probability that this location will not
conflict with anyone else's.

All the libraries in this package release (KDE and required, including
QT 3.2.2) were built with Sun Forte 8.

There are a lot of improvements in this release. I will not divulge
them now, i'll leave them as a surprise. :-)