[kde-solaris] KDE 3.1.2 on solaris 8 with g++-v3.3.1

Jan Van Belle Jan.Van_Belle at alcatel.be
Wed Aug 27 08:46:11 CEST 2003

Hello all,

I am still trying to get KDE compiled on my solaris machine.
Yesterday evening I read something that may be a 'key':
starting from gcc-v3, there is a bug in the configuration of
headerfiles/paths in gcc/g++ on solaris only. That explains
why I am still including the system headerfiles and not the
new fixed ones created by the new compiler.
The messages I read said that could be fixed by setting some
environment variable (like $INCLUDE_PATH or something).

With which version of gcc are you compiling (successfully)
KDE??? Is it with the good old stable 2.95.3 or with one of
the 3.x series??

Kind regards,

Jan