[kde-solaris] 64bit KDE on Solaris 9

Marco Walther Marco.Walther at sun.com
Wed Apr 30 10:05:54 CEST 2003

>>>>> "li" == lists  <lists at apdtech.com> writes:

li> Subject says it all...
li> I want to build KDE 64bit with GCC 3.2.2 on Solaris 9.  I have built
li> everything else up to this point 64bit on my SunBlade - but before I
li> start on a 3 day install of KDE...

li> I got a couple questions:

li> 1. Has anybody done this before? (regardless of Solaris 9)

The question came up but I don't know iff somebody really did it?

li> 2. Is it possible?

?

li> 3. Should I even waste my time?

Question: What do you hope to gain?  Unless you really have
applications which have to be 64bit, I don't know where it would
help.  The X-protocols do not change for one.

li> 4. If it does compile -  how well will it work?...

I don't know if this helped;-)

Thanks,
-- Marco

li> Thanks for any insight!

li> This message is from the kde-solaris mailing list.
li> Archives: http://lists.kde.org/.
li> More info: http://www.kde.org/faq.html.