[kde-solaris] Pkgtools, 64-bit, etc.

Mathias Meyer mailings at beatsteaks.de
Fri Apr 25 17:28:21 CEST 2003

On Friday 25 April 2003 06:51 Stefan Teleman wrote:

> So, i am basically taking an opinion poll :-). Please vote for either
> Solaris 8 64-bit (should take 4-5 weeks) or Solaris 9 with Xrender
> (don't really know how long it would take, there are too many
> variables, probably a couple of months). I wish i could do it faster,
> but, unfortunately, i can only work on this evenings and weekends.

What about splitting the job?

A lot of people still use Solaris 8, obviously. But Solaris 9 has nice
features like Xrender, as you already mentioned.

I for my part built Qt 3.1.2 with Xft2 and fontconfig on Solaris 9 today.
I haven't tested them yet, but I will soon. With gcc for now, but anyway.
If anyone's up for testing, let me know.

I planned to switch to Forte 7 (or 8 EA), so we could share knowledge ;)
And if I had Solaris 9 x86, I'd definitely make packages for that, too.

Regards,
Mathias
--
"only wimps use backup: _real_ men just upload their important stuff
on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it ;)" - linus torvalds