[kde-solaris] bzip compile problem

Mathias Meyer mailings at beatsteaks.de
Mon Apr 21 23:30:33 CEST 2003

On Monday 21 April 2003 21:46 Darrell Esau wrote:
> I'm having trouble compiling kdelibs/kdoctools/kbzip2filter.cpp.
>
> I've compiled kde3.1 for solaris before, which required me to
> compile/install my own version of bzip (since the version that comes
> with solaris is pre 1.x with different function names).
>
> I don't think this is the same problem, but I'm not sure.
>
> I started compiling kdelibs and got this message, so I compiled bzip2
> and tried again, but I'm still getting the same problem.

I removed those preprocessor commands. It's not perfect, but it worked for
me ;)
#ifdef NEED_BZ2_PREFIX
#endif

The define's between those two commands solve that problem, if that ifdef
is removed. Or do a
#define NEED_BZ2_PREFIX 1
in /path/to/kdelibs-3.1.1/config.h. That should work, too.

Regards,
Mathias
--
"only wimps use backup: _real_ men just upload their important stuff
on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it ;)" - linus torvalds