[kde-solaris] Keyboard layouts in KDE 3.0

Hana Skoumalova Hana.Skoumalova at ff.cuni.cz
Thu Apr 17 12:49:12 CEST 2003

Hana Skoumalova wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've just installed KDE 3.0 package from Sun's freeware page but I have
> a problem with the keyboard layout. When I want to add an additional
> layout I find only Arabic and Bengali keymaps. How can I add other layouts?

Well, I have discovered that the path /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/locale is
hard-coded in the library kxkb.lo. After I made a symbolic link
/usr/X11R6 -> ./openwin I could see other layouts in kxkb menu but they
do not work. There is no Sun keyboard among the models - does anyone
know which model would be suitable?

Hana
--
Hana Skoumalova                Charles University, Faculty of Arts
                                          Institute of Theoretical