[kde-solaris] KDE 3.0 and locale

Hana Skoumalova Hana.Skoumalova at ff.cuni.cz
Tue Apr 15 16:48:17 CEST 2003

Hello,

I have installed KDE 3.0 package from Sun's freeware page but KDE seems
to (partly) ignore my locale. It is set like this

LANG=cs_CZ.ISO8859-2
LC_CTYPE="cs_CZ.ISO8859-2"
LC_NUMERIC="cs_CZ.ISO8859-2"
LC_TIME="cs_CZ.ISO8859-2"
LC_COLLATE="cs_CZ.ISO8859-2"
LC_MONETARY="cs_CZ.ISO8859-2"
LC_MESSAGES="cs_CZ.ISO8859-2"
LC_ALL=cs_CZ.ISO8859-2

but the Compose key doesn't work as expected. In CDE, I can use
Compose+v+c to type c-caron, but in KDE I have to use the Latin-1
bindings (Compose+`+e etc.). The Compose sequences are defined in
/usr/openwin/lib/locale/iso8859-2/Compose and the file
/usr/openwin/lib/locale/compose.dir sets the correspondence between the
locale and the Compose file. Does KDE look to a different place for this
information or what is wrong?

Thanks.

Hana