[kde-solaris] Strange Compilation Error with kdei18n-en_GB

KarstenKünne kuenne at rentec.com
Tue Apr 15 12:52:00 CEST 2003

On Tuesday 15 April 2003 11:16, Philip Jackson wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> When trying to compile the GB bits for KDE the compilation bombed out
> with the following error
>
> /opt/kde31/bin/meinproc --check --cache index.cache.bz2 ./index.docbook
> index.docbook:1: validity error: Element acronym is not declared in
> trademark list of possible children
>
>  > (runlevel 5 on &RedHat; systems, 3 on &SuSE;) by editing your <filename
>
> Anybody got any ideas what might be wrong here and how to get round it
> other than removing this section (docs/kdebase/khelpcenter)?

The easiest solution is to remove the "--check" from the meinproc commandline
(you have to edit the Makefile). The underlying problem is that the
general.entities file violates the DTD because it contains an "acronym"
element as a child of a "trademark" element:

<!ENTITY SuSE '<trademark

You can also fix the general.entities file, it should be under
/opt/kde31/share/apps/ksgmltools2/customization/entities/general.entities in
your case. But I encountered more of such problems as I installed more
languages and finally it was easier to just remove the check (I didn't
consider these errors serious).

> Many Thanks,
> Philip Jackson.
> University Of Sunderland.