[kde-solaris] Problems running kde 3.1.1 on Solaris 9

Lars Tunkrans lars.tunkrans at bredband.net
Tue Apr 15 00:09:50 CEST 2003

Philip Jackson wrote:
> Lars,
>
> Thanks for your reply. I have installed Arts then KDE libs then the KDE
> base package. I had a lot of problems with the version of bzip2 when
> compiling kdoctools portion. The version gcc was 3.2. I have installed
> all the essential (red) packages except the XServer which I presumed the
> Solaris version XSun would be okay for.
>
> Thanks,
> Philip.

Well you have made some inroads then.
But to be honest, unless you get more of the subsystems
external to KDE up and running KDE will be missing huge pieces
of its multimedia and graphics capabilities.

Probably the easiest approach  is to look at the Solaris9
freeware companion CD  and  the web sites

www.sunfreeware.com    &     www.bolthole.com

and collect as many bits and pieces of the subsystems you can
from there.

Some things you'll need to build from scratch anyway.
The AALIB, ImageMagick  and  SDL  ports on the SUN COmpainon CD 12/02 is too OLD
even though they where built just last December.