Setting up your blog with Planet KDE

Akhil K G helloimakhil at gmail.com
Tue May 21 14:57:59 BST 2019

I recently added my blog to Planet KDE and I thought it would be useful to
share what I did.

Here's what I did to my Jekyll based GitHub Pages blog -
- First, create and add tags to your blog posts and create tag pages for
each blog post - refer here:
http://longqian.me/2017/02/09/github-jekyll-tag/

- The goal is to get an RSS feed link only for your KDE posts, i.e. only
the 'kde-planet' tag. For a specific tag (here 'planet-kde') create your
RSS feed which you can then add to the Planet - refer here:
https://devblog.dymel.pl/2017/02/09/category-rss-feed-in-jekyll/

Now,  https://your_username.github.io/blog/feed.jekyll.xml
This is your RSS feed link for that specific tag which you then have to
mention in your planetkde/config file.
Follow the rest of the instructions and get your blog published. Also,
remember that you got to have a developer account to push your changes. If
you haven't already got your account upgraded, you can ping your mentor and
apply for it now.

If you have already published your blog on KDE planet, and you are on other
blogging platforms (eg: Wordpress) do consider sharing what you did :)

Warmest regards,
Akhil K Gangadharan (akhilkg_)
Blog <https://akhilam512.github.io/blog/>