Hello GSoC students -- we're reaching the mid-point

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 22:44:04 BST 2019

I've just done a brief review of your status pages
https://community.kde.org/GSoC/2019/StatusReports - and some are very good.
Some are not good at all, with no links to blog posts even.

The reason I was going through them was that the KDE Promo team wants to
promote your work! Why would you want your half-finished project to be
featured? Because it catches the attention of your future users and testers
- and fellow developers. The status pages are not just the one link you
give to Google at the end of the program, it is *your page* for as long as
you find it useful, to explain to family, friends, scholarship and
admissions committees and even future employers. So please dress up these
pages with screenshots, videos, animations and *labelled* links which show
off your work.

Naturally, you have been blogging and your blogs are on the KDE planet. If
you have neglected this, please fix immediately. This is a requirement of
GSoC with KDE, and you need to link each post on your status page.

I also miss links to your posts to developer lists and other
communications. *All* of your communications concerning your GSoC project
should be in public; we make our projects in public teams. Do not private
message your mentor(s) or team members.

Please write here if you have blog posts you want promoted via tweet etc.
or you can write directly to the Promo Team: https://community.kde.org/Promo

Keep up the good work! I'm so happy with what I see so far. Tell me more.
:-)

Valorie

PS: I fixed a couple of typos in status pages while I was there. If you
want help with english spelling, grammar or just a general edit, I'm always
willing to do that. -v

--
http://about.me/valoriez - pronouns: she/her