Congratulations on another successful GSoC

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 07:54:14 UTC 2017

I would like to congratulate the students on a job well done. I hope
your mentors helped you not only to develop yourself professionally,
but also succeeded in embedding you into your team, and that you now
consider yourself an essential part of that team. I hope that you will
step up to support your code, and also to review the code of your
fellow team members as well.

The Dot published a story about you today:
https://dot.kde.org/2017/09/04/kde-and-google-summer-code-2017-fun-features-bugs-blogs

Finally, I hope that you will each continue to collect ideas that
13-18 year-olds can do to help out your team, in GCi. We very much
want YOU to mentor these students as they do these tasks.

Mentors, take a bow. You are the often unseen power that keeps the
GSoC engine going. And in a way, you are the frontline of the future
of KDE, as you mentor these newest members of the community. Please
encourage them to join the Community ML if they have not already done
so, and to continue their regular blogging habit on KDE Planet. Good
communication is so essential to a healthy community.

You can also help your former students collect those GCi ideas, and
brainstorm with the rest of your team to come up with creative ways
that junior kids can help out your project.

It was great to work with each one of you.

All the best, and see you for GCi,

Valorie

--
http://about.me/valoriez