proposal for SoK : text highlighter

Karan Raghani karanraghani14 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 04:51:06 UTC 2014

Motivation:
    Web pages are collection of large amount of data. A user might want to
highlight some parts of the page to save both time and effort during the
next reading.
    To facilitate this ,I suggest a highlighter tool for konqueror. This
will mark text and phrases on the web page.

Main features

1) The tool highlights the text and saves the page as a bookmark.
2) It also creates a document with only the highlighted data and downloads
it in the appropiate format.
3) The highlighted text can be shared through social websites
4) Highlight can be done in various colours.

Plus if time permits

+ I would like to display these saved pages in tiles in the new tab page.

Tentative time line

+ By the end of November get familiar with the code base of konqueror.

+ By the end of December(the time I will be having mine semester exams)
create an efficient solution for the implementation of the goal.

+ 1st and 2nd week of January , implement the solution.

+ remaining time will be spend on cleaning up code and fixing the bugs and
adding few new features.

About ME

 I am Karan Raghani, I am a second year undergraduate student in Department
of Computer Science and Engineering at PESIT-South Campus
Bangalore,Karnatka, India.I have been using FOSS since high school and I am
really looking forward to contribute towards it.

I have also attended and volunteered in many seminars and camps organised
by Free Software Moment Karnatka(FSMK).

I have been using konqueror since last two years and would like contribute
in order to equip it with tools that will help it to compete with its
alternative.