And now for something completely meta

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 22:51:44 UTC 2014

Hi folks, I'm going to be at the LISA conf next week, staffing a KDE
booth. One of the subjects we want to present is our mentoring
projects. Carl will give a talk and wants some facts and maybe success
stories. I started by gathering the names (or just GSoC nick) of all
our GSoC students in a list, which is really impressive.

As this list grew, and I wondered about making this into a proper
database which we can use for a few purposes beyond one talk. I'd like
to see a series of actions take place, ideally.

1. complete db of our mentoring projects, including how long previous
students stay active with KDE, and the success of their project
2. ability to keep it updated year after year
3. ability to query former students for feedback

Is anybody interested in helping me with this? I've not started to
look for previous SoK  or GCi students yet, or how their projects
fared. I'm also terrible with spreadsheets. So far the data I've got
is in a simple text file, which of course I'm willing to share.

Valorie

--
http://about.me/valoriez