Welcome GSoC and OPFW students!

Lydia Pintscher lydia at kde.org
Mon May 27 20:13:50 UTC 2013

Heya folks :)

I have just subscribed all accepted GSoC (50) and OPFW (3) students to
the students mailinglist.

If you are not among the lucky students who have been selected please
check the email for you I am going to send to this list soon.

If you are among the lucky students who have been selected:
Congratulations! Here are a few important points:
* Get in touch with your mentor and the rest of the team to discuss
your next steps.
* Add yourself to this page and try to keep it updated over the course
of your project: http://community.kde.org/GSoC/2013/StatusReports
* Figure out a good time for regular scheduled chats with your mentor
so you can discuss any problems you are facing and to get any feedback
you need.
* I'd like to see status updates at least every 3 weeks (your mentor
might request more frequent ones) by email to the project's
mailinglist or blog post on PlanetKDE or even better both. (Your
mentor can tell you how to get your blog on PlanetKDE.) Your GSoC will
be so much more fun when sharing your work with the rest of the
community.
* Hang around in #kde-soc to chat with other students, mentors and
admins and also make use of this mailinglist.
* For any(!) issues you can always reach the admin team at
kde-soc-mentor-owner at kde.org
* I will be sending all important announcements to this list so please
keep an eye on it.
* Have a great time!

Welcome again! We're incredibly lucky to have you working with us.
Lydia

KDE Community Working Group / KDE e.V. board member
http://kde.org - http://open-advice.org