Fixing up problems relating to Ark

Madura Anushanga madura.x86 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 06:52:12 UTC 2013

Hi,

I am a student from University of Colombo School of Computing, Sri Lanka. I
use KDE on top of Arch Linux, KDE is great for desktop use but somewhat
awkward usages on Ark keeps me frowning at it every time I have to extract
some file from an archive. It's easy to extract single files, but what
about multiple ones? Even though you can select multiple files you cant
drag and drop to extract, and there's the infamous "set desktop file view's
path to ~/Desktop to extract to desktop, otherwise it extracts to ~/". I'm
thinking of polishing these rough edges and making Ark more effective for
the common use cases.

I have some experience on C++/Qt, and I'm hoping to learn more!

Sincerely,

            - Madura A. (http://0xdeafc0de.wordpress.com)