Looking for a mentor for SoK

Roney Gomes roney477 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 13:32:02 UTC 2013

Em 01-08-2013 10:04, vedant agarwala escreveu:
> Hello everyone,

Hello Vedant.

> I am looking for a mentor for this year's SoK. Most of my work in KDE has
> been on Amarok but Amarok is mentoring 4 GSoC projects and so chances of me
> getting a mentor for SoK are very slim. I love working for open source and
> I am willing to work for any project. I request you tell me if there is any
> project on which you would like to mentor me.

Well, I'm currently responsible for maintaining two games (KBounce and
KNavalBattle) but couldn't give them much attention in the last months.

So, I'd love to see the games receiving some attention but haven't
prepared a proposal for a project nor any list of ideas, not to mention
that I don't know what would be my responsibilities as a mentor.

I'd really like to mentor anyone willing to work on KDE Games this
summer but am afraid I'm not fit for the task. Hope Lydia -- or anyone
organizing SoK -- will read this and explain me the implications of
mentoring a student.

If I see I can do it, then we'll have a productive summer working
together. :-)

> I had applied to GSoC this year but my project was not selected. I have
> successfully submitted 6 patches and more are under review. I have enough
> free time on my hands. I can get familiar with the code base and community
> of the the project I will be working for, before the start of the SoK
> program.
>
> Thanking you,
> Vedant.

Best regards.