Query about slots for KDE in GSoC

Lydia Pintscher lydia.pintscher at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 22:26:34 UTC 2013

Hi Ashish :)

Great to hear you are interested in working with KDE.

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 3:17 PM, Ashish Singh <aitashish173 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> I am working on two proposals for projects in kde-Gsoc this year, but on the
> ideas page there are so many ideas listed there as i happen to know that
> every year each organization has a limited number of slots allocated for it.

Yes this is correct. However in previous years KDE has always been
among the biggest orgs taking part in GSoC. Last year for example KDE
was the largest one with 60 slots. So please don't worry about that
too much.

> So i am curious on what basic this selection would be made about which ideas
> make it to the allocated slots for KDE in GSoC this year,
> what should i do to make sure my proposal has the maximum probability of
> getting selected???

All ideas on the ideas page have a chance to be selected. The most
important thing is that you write a good application. To do that you
need to get involved with the team inside KDE that you want to work
with and start doing small things. That increases your chance of
getting accepted more than anything else.

> I am applying for marble, owncloud this year.
> I have experience with Qt and C++.

Great :)

Cheers
Lydia

KDE Community Working Group / KDE e.V. board member
Wikidata Community Communications
http://kde.org - http://wikidata.org - http://open-advice.org