Regrading compilation of KDE application

Diego Casella ([Po]lentino) polentino911 at gmail.com
Thu May 26 09:20:12 CEST 2011

2011/5/26 tushar mehta <mehtatus at gmail.com>

> ok I am starting again.
> I created one new user account in my fedora 15.
>
> now i created following directory structure:
>
> ~/kde/src/kdelibs
> ~/kde/src/kdesupport
>
> ~/kde/build/
> ~/kde/home/.master
> ~/kde/inst/master
>
> *Note:*
> I am creating all these directories manually.
> copied .build-config in both kdelibs and kdesupport.
>
> I have installed kdesupport. I have executed following command:
>
> root at localhost kdesupport]$cmakekde
> root at localhost kdesupport]$make
> root at localhost kdesupport]$make install *Note: *I need to run it as super
> user.
>
> here is the log of installation: http://pastebin.com/ANsbwvv3
>
> now i
>
> go to compile and install kdepim-libs kdebase-apps  konsole
> kdebase-workspace kdebase-runtime and then
>
> *finally kdelibs*!!! :) long way to go....

wait wait wait ...
Are you really going to build kdelibs after _all_ the others modules?
That's nonsense, since all the aforementioned modules _require_ kdelibs...
unless you already installed kdelibs from fedora's repo of course, but in
that case I don't see any reason to build kdelibs at all :)
Cheers

Diego

--
H: Who is Watson without Sherlock Holmes?
G: Watson was a genius in his own right.

My personal blog: http://polentino911.wordpress.com/