Regrading compilation of KDE application

Rohan Prabhu rohan at rohanprabhu.com
Wed May 25 14:35:58 CEST 2011

Ok sorry.. sort of replied in a hurry. Although there is some problem with
your KDE Support (I think some components are not available), that isn't
exactly what is stopping you from building KDE.

The problem is you don't have DBusMenuQt installed. To install:

git clone git://gitorious.org/dbusmenu/dbusmenu-qt.git
cmake

I say cmake because I recall it being a cmake project. Just check the README
for how to go about it.

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 5:59 PM, tushar mehta <mehtatus at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>      Facilities for service discovery on a local network
>      Either Avahi or DNSSD is required for KDE applications to make use of
> multicast DNS/DNS-SD service discovery

> -- The following REQUIRED packages could NOT be located on your system.
> -- You must install these packages before continuing.

>    * DBusMenuQt  <git clone git://gitorious.org/dbusmenu/dbusmenu-qt.git>
>      Support for notification area menus via the DBusMenu protocol

> CMake Error at cmake/modules/MacroLogFeature.cmake:152 (MESSAGE):
>   Exiting: Missing Requirements
> Call Stack (most recent call first):
>   CMakeLists.txt:367 (macro_display_feature_log)
>

> CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are
> set to NOTFOUND.
> Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake
> files:
> DBUSMENUQT_INCLUDE_DIR (ADVANCED)
>    used as include directory in directory /home/mehta/kde/src/kdelibs/kdeui
>    used as include directory in directory
> /home/mehta/kde/src/kdelibs/kdeui/about
>    used as include directory in directory
> /home/mehta/kde/src/kdelibs/kdeui/tests
>    used as include directory in directory
> /home/mehta/kde/src/kdelibs/kdeui/tests/kconfig_compiler
>    used as include directory in directory
> /home/mehta/kde/src/kdelibs/kdeui/tests/proxymodeltestsuite
>    used as include directory in directory
> /home/mehta/kde/src/kdelibs/kdeui/tests/proxymodeltestapp
>    used as include directory in directory
> /home/mehta/kde/src/kdelibs/kdeui/sonnet/tests
> DBUSMENUQT_LIBRARIES (ADVANCED)
>     linked by target "kdeui" in directory /home/mehta/kde/src/kdelibs/kdeui

> Press <ENTER> to continue...
>

> On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 5:51 PM, tushar mehta <mehtatus at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> These is what I have done.
>> cmakekde is giving error.
>>
>> *directory structure:*(created manually)
>> ~/kde/src/kdelibs : source code
>> ~/kde/build/
>> ~/kde/home/.master
>> ~/kde/inst
>>
>> also i have put ~/bin/findup and updated ~/.bashrc also as per
>> http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Increased_Productivity_in_KDE4_with_Scripts#Introduction
>>
>> *Note:*
>> - I have put *.build-config* file in *~/kde/src/kdelibs*
>> - I am attaching the .build-config file and output of the cmakekde which
>> is giving error.
>>

>> 2011/5/25 Rohan Prabhu <rohan at rohanprabhu.com>
>>
>>> All you have to do is build via cmake. At this point, I must ask you a
>>> few questions:
>>>
>>> 1. Have you set up your development environment properly?
>>> 2. I suggest you use the 'cmakekde' script. It's pretty awesome, but for
>>> that to work you need to specify various environment variables like $KDE_DIR
>>> etc. [
>>> http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Increased_Productivity_in_KDE4_with_Scripts
>>> ]
>>> 3. Have you tried building any of it by source?
>>> 4. You'll have to build kdelibs first and then the others, as per
>>> requirement. I don't know exactly what all dependencies ktorrent has.