GSoC wrapup

Arno Rehn arno at arnorehn.de
Sat Aug 22 16:24:11 CEST 2009

On Monday 17 August 2009 10:08:41 Lydia Pintscher wrote:
> Heya :)
>
> GSoC is coming to an end and I or someone else from the admin team
> would like to publish a blogentry and dot article with 2 to 3
> sentences about every student and their project telling what was done
> and maybe a link to your blog for more details. Bonus points if you
> can make a cool screenshot that shows your work.
> Could you all please get them to us by Friday? That would be awesome. :)
>
> Season of KDE students: Same goes for you. I know some of you are not
> done yet and will continue to work on their project. Please send us a
> few lines as well for the blog entry and link to your blog if you have
> one and screenshot as well.
>
> Let's show the world the cool stuff you did.
Hmpf, I knew I had forgotten something..
Anyway, if it's not too late yet:
I was working on the new generator for SMOKE (library which wraps C++ classes
and methods and makes them dynamically available to other apps). It's based on
the KDevelop4 C++ parser and finished by now. The code is in trunk, but it's
not yet used. I still have to adjust the CMakeLists.txt and find out why it
doesn't like QtScript.
Nokia has done pretty much the same with their PySide bindings and
libapiextractor that they developed for it. Maybe we can merge the two
projects so that they use a common basis.
www.arnorehn.de for blog with more details :)

--
Arno Rehn
arno at arnorehn.de