Start of coding - today

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Mon May 26 13:03:10 CEST 2008

Hello students

Today is the first day that you should start coding. Well, by "coding" I don't
expect writing C++ code and committing to Subversion just yet... anything
that relates to coding is good, including drawing up diagrams, discussing
with mentor and other developers, etc. Whatever helps you. In any case,
there's no point in committing code that doesn't even compile :-)

As I mentioned before, your mentors are expecting weekly reports. Mail is
best, unless you and your mentor have a special arrangement. It is not
necessary to post to this list, but feel free to do so -- other people are
watching and it would be nice to know where you guys are.

As of now, you're expected to have the source code for whatever project you're
working on built and installed.

By the end of this week, you're expected to know where to commit in Subversion
and how. (even if you don't have anything to commit)

(Use of a git-svn repository is only ok if your mentor says so)

Attached is Leslie's announcement email from earlier today.
    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358