Coming up on 3 weeks

Daniel Winter dw at danielwinter.de
Mon Jun 16 04:39:41 CEST 2008

On Saturday 14 June 2008 00:46:51 Thiago Macieira wrote:

Hello Thiago,

ok a little late by here my reply.

I am working on integrating Nepomuk in Amarok.

> How easy was your approach to KDE code?

Amarok 2 source is quite nice, though some things could be better documented.
A few weeks ago when i first looked into it, I was a little afraid as it seems
to be a lot of complex source. But that turns out to be wrong. Sure it is a
lot of source but I believe is it always at the first look on "foreign" source
a little hard to understand it.

> Have you started writing code already, or are you doing high-level
> designs? Or are you still tied up in exams?

Yes I have. A little later than I hoped. But I am quite happy that i have
already something that can be acutally used (although a lot is still missing).

> Have you committed anything (code, designs, etc.)?

Yes, but it was a somehow weird. It was a little more than 3 year after my
last commit on the Amarok source (but that were only a few small things).

Lets hope that after GSoC it will not take me an other 3 years to make my next
commit.

> Have you blogged? If you haven't, you should. Talking about your ideas
> often gets more people interested and giving you feedback.

Not yet. I want first have something that is actually somehow usable,  to have
something to show. As I can now play music which is indexed in Nepomuks store
I think it the right time to do it the next days.

> How do you like the community so far, for those of you who weren't part of
> it? Were you well received?

I already "knew" most of the amarok devs (at least by nick ;-) ) and was
active in #kde for quite some time. But the last weeks were quite nice. Got to
know some nice people. Also thanks to my mentor.

DanielW