Coming up on 3 weeks

Shashank Singh shashank.personal at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 11:33:52 CEST 2008

Hi, i am Shashank Singh , i am working under my mentor  Torsten Rahn on
"Panoramio / Wikipedia Integration in Marble" .. Marble is a virtual Globe
Application with features in league with likes of Google Earth , Nasa World
Wind . :) .Marble has a benefit over all other contemporary virtual globe
apps  , that it's made using Arthur Painting Framework (Qt) insted of opengl
hence has more portability (Example Mobile Devices).

we're coming up on three weeks. I'd like to get some first impressions
> from you?
>
> How easy was your approach to KDE code?
>
> Have you started writing code already, or are you doing high-level
> designs? Or are you still tied up in exams?

 Marble has  two version  Qt Only and the KDE api one , i am trying to
implement using Qt only first.
  yes , i have started to write / commit code in repo ,  not much of high
level design was required for my work :)

> Have you committed anything (code, designs, etc.)?

  yes , i have comitted  some code

> Have you blogged? If you haven't, you should. Talking about your ideas
> often gets more people interested and giving you feedback.

 no , i haven't blogged about my work (or blogged at all :(  ) , but  i am
thinking of doing so in a day or two , with a big  post about my work :)

> How do you like the community so far, for those of you who weren't part of
> it? Were you well received?

Community has been really very supportive  specially SaroEngels , Ingwa .
My mentor has helped has been very supportive and has explained every thing
in detail .

--
Regards:
Shashank Singh